Home Delivered Meals
The Home Delivered Meal program provides meals, nutritional screening, assessment, education and counseling to clients and their caregivers in the home. When needed appropriate referral to other services or resources is provided to the clients.
The home delivered meals are planned by a Registered Dietician to ensure that 1/3 the daily RDA/AI for older adults is met. The clients are persons that are age 60 and over whose functional impairments prevent them from participating in a congregate meal program.
The objectives of this program are to reduce isolation and increase the sense of well-being for the clients through daily contact with volunteers and staff who deliver the meals.
A disaster or emergency plan is provided for the availability of food to participants for this program in anticipation and during emergencies and disasters.
How to Set Up Meal Service
- Contact a River Valley AAA Gateway Specialist for a phone assessment to determine your eligibility for meal service. The contact numbers are:
- (706)256-2900 or 1-(800) 615-4379
- When space becomes available you will be referred to Direct Services to schedule an in-home assessment.
- Service will begin within 5 business days of the initial home visit.
Are meal services available without an eligibility assessment?
- Yes, meals can be delivered to your home for a fee of $4.50 per meal. Any additional meals to the same household are $4.00 per meal.
Contact Debbie Buttacavoli at 706-327-5208 Ext 204 or email@example.com
*Home-delivered-meals in Muscogee County are funded in part by a Federal Community Development Block Grant and administered by the Community Development Advisory Committee of the Columbus GA Consolidated Government.
Direct Services Programs abides by the policy and procedures as prescribed by The Georgia Department of Human Resources, Division of Aging: The Nutrition Program policies can be found at the following link: